Adding a Post
1. From the Blog section of your website, choose New Blog Post.
2. This link will open the “DoodleKit - Quick Edit Form.” Begin by entering a Title for your blog.
Quick Tip: Under the Title is a box to enter Tags. Tags are used to categorize blogs as well as for search engines. Choose tags that will help identify your blog to your audience.
3. Next, enter the content for your blog. Utilize the WYSIWG Rich Text Editor to stylize your blog.
With this tool, you can change text styles, text sizes, and font options. You can also add lists, indents, photos, albums, videos, audio files, HTML Widgets, tables, links, and horizontal lines. For the advanced user, there is an HTML button to convert the blog to regular HTML.
Adding an Image
1. To add images to your blog, use the Add Image button from the menu bar.
2. The Insert Image Window will appear. To upload an image, select the Choose File button located on the bottom left of the window, or click and drag a file from File Explorer to the Drop file here space.
3. Alternatively, you can use the Choose button to insert stock logos and images.
4. Finally, you can use the Link button to directly link an image to your blog.
5. Once an image has been selected, click on the Insert button and it will be displayed in the blog editor.
Preview Image and Description
To utilize the Entry Preview Content feature, you will need to enable the Advanced Mode.
1. To access this mode, scroll down to the bottom of the window and click on the Advanced Mode button.
Note: Preview image and content are used on the main blog page. The first image in the post and some of the content are automatically used but you can customize both the image and content displayed.
2. From the Blog section of your website, click on the Settings button.
3. The DoodleKit Quick Edit Form opens. Here, you can change the header names, header messages, and advanced settings such as disabling commenting, showing related posts, and showing the full posts instead of previews on the main blog page. Additionally, you can choose to share social media links by default.
Scheduling Posts in the Future (this hides the post until the specified date & time)
If you would like to schedule your posting for a future date/time, you can use the Overrides feature located in the Advanced Mode.
Use the drop down arrows to select the date and time that you would like the posting to appear to viewers.